How to fix Unallocated space error on a USB or disk drive. Follow this guide and troubleshoot your corrupted USB by yourself.
What is Unallocated Space Error?
USB unallocated space is an error which occurs cause of incorrect deletion of files and virus attacks. Example, you may accidentally delete the partition on the USB or some malicious program does this for you. These kinds of problems may lead you to reinstall windows in your PC. You can also Download Genuine Windows Operating Systems from here.
How to Fix Unallocated Space on a USB?
Many users face this problem that their USB isn’t working and showing some creepy errors like insert Disk into Drive x: or Unallocated Space. But don’t worry I am here to help you with this, i am mentioning three methods to fix this error.
Method 1: Using Disk Management
- Right click on This PC or My Computer.
- Click on Manage.
- On the left sidebar, Click on Disk Management under Storage Section.
- On the center screen, look for your USB disk. It should be Disk 1.
- If your USB drive shows a black ribbon on top then right click on it and select “New Simple Volume”.
- Follow the instructions and Now you USB should be working fine.
Method 2: Using HPUSBDisk tool
It might be possible that method 1 doesn’t work for every corrupted USB. Now you should try to format it with HPUSBDisk tool. It is a very powerful tool for fixing corrupted USBs. Download HP USB Disk format tool from below.
How to Use HP USB Disk tool?
- Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Select your USB and Click on Start.
Method 3: Using Diskpart
- Run CMD (Command Prompt) as adminisrator.
- Type Diskpart and press enter.
- Type list disk and press enter.
- Now, Type Select disk 1 (this number should belong to your disk)
- Type Clean and press enter.
- Finally Type Create partition primary.
- Restart the Computer.
Facing any Issue?
If you are facing any problem while downloading or using HP USB Disk tool, feel free to comment below we will respond you as soon as possible.